Coastal Cleanup Day 2017 Patch
Patch requests have been closed. Due to high demand in patches, we have ordered more to fulfill all requests! Mailing will continue as soon as we receive the patches. Thank you for your tremendous patience!
Coastal Cleanup Day Sony Photo Contest
Thank you for voting! View our finalists and WINNER of the Sony Point and Shoot Camera here
! Congratulations to Katrina Berge for the most likes on her awesome photo from Tecolote Canyon!
Bling Your Bucket Contest
I Love A Clean San Diego is continuing the Bling Your Bucket art contest for all ages that encourages participants to use their creativity and imagination to learn why it is important to keep our waterways, beaches, and ocean free from marine littler. Winners will receive great prizes and have their picture posted on this website for one year! Adults are encouraged to participate as well!
Create Your Own Sand Sifter In addition to decorating your own bucket, you can further emphasize REUSE by decorating your own milk jug to use at the cleanup. You can simply decorate and bring a milk jug, or create your own milk jug sand sifter to remove the smaller pieces of plastic and those pesky cigarette butts out of the sand at your cleanup site. Help us practice the 3 R's, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse at this year's Coastal Cleanup Day by following the milk jug sand sifter project below.
- Plastic milk gallon or water jug
- Duct tape
- One piece of window screen (most hardware stores have screen)
- Wash and dry plastic jug
- Cut off the top of the jug in an oval shape without cutting off the jug's handle. It is best to cut the jug on a stable surface to prevent any accidents.
- Place the 6x6 inch screen on top of the hole. Carefully tape the screen with duct tape to the jug, securing the screen as tightly as possible to the jug.
- Cut out the bottom of the jug and put tape around all the edges. (To cover all sharp edges)
- Clean the beach! You are now ready to filter small bits of plastic, cigarette butts and other kinds of plastic by scooping sand and sifting it through the wire screen. You can now find all the trash hidden in the sand!
2016 Bling Your Bucket Contest Winners
Thank you to all volunteers that submitted entries into the 2016 Bling Your Bucket contest for Coastal Cleanup Day. I Love A Clean San Diego greatly appreciates all participants that set a positive example and reduced and reused at Coastal Cleanup Day! Winners are displayed below. Congratulations to our 2016 winners!