I Love A Clean San Diego is no longer accepting CCD12 patch orders digitally. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bling Your Bucket Contest
Thank you to all volunteers that submitted entries into the Bling Your Bucket contest for the 2012 Coastal Cleanup Day event. I Love A Clean San Diego greatly appreciates all participants that set a positive example and reduced and reused at Coastal Cleanup Day! Winners have been selected for each grade level, and are displayed below. Congratulations to our 2012 winners!
Age 1 Winner: Gideon
Age 2 Winner: Tyler
Age 3 and Age 5 Winners: Christopher and Destiny
Age 4 Winners: Wyatt and Jacob
Age 5 Winner: (above)
Age 6 Winner: Rylee
Age 7 Winner: Shayla
Age 8 Winner: Olivia
Age 9 Winner: Travis, "Don't Chuck It, Put It In The Bucket"
Age 10 Winner: Alexis
Age 11 Winner: Jordan
Age 12 Winner: Tyler, "Your Trash Is My Cash"
Adult Winner: Kristin
To see the winning designs from 2011's Inaugural Bling Your Bucket contest, click here
Create Your Own Sand Sifter
In addition to decorating your own bucket, you can further emphasize REUSE by decorating your own milk jug to use at the cleanup. You can simply decorate and bring a milk jug, or create your own milk jug sand sifter to remove the smaller pieces of plastic and those pesky cigarette butts out of the sand at your cleanup site. Help us practice the 3 R’s, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse at this year’s Coastal Cleanup Day by following the milk jug sand sifter project below.
- Plastic milk gallon or water jug
- Duct tape
- One piece of window screen (most hardware stores have screen)
- Wash and dry plastic jug
- Cut off the top of the jug in an oval shape without cutting off the jug's handle. It is best to cut the jug on a stable surface to prevent any accidents.
- Place the 6x6 inch screen on top of the hole. Carefully tape the screen with duct tape to the jug, securing the screen as tightly as possible to the jug.
- Cut out the bottom of the jug and put tape around all the edges. (To cover all sharp edges)
- Clean the beach! You are now ready to filter small bits of plastic, cigarette butts and other kinds of plastic by scooping sand and sifting it through the wire screen. You can now find all the trash hidden in the sand!