Scout patches can be ordered online here. This form will be available and orders will be accepted until October 5th. Patches will be mailed out in October,
or are available for pick up at ILACSD offices, located in Liberty
Station in Point Loma, in the San Diego Foundation building at 2508
Historic Decatur Road, Suite 150, San Diego 92106. Office hours are Mon
- Fri from 9AM - 5PM, except for holidays. If you have any questions,
please contact email@example.com. See below for the 2014 patch.
Bling Your Bucket Contest!
Help reduce waste by decorating a reusable bucket to bring to Coastal Cleanup Day and use instead of a plastic bag. Winners for each age group including adults will be selected based on the creativity and environmental message displayed on buckets. Click here
for the rules and instructions to participate in the Bling Your Bucket contest.
2013 Winners Announced!
Thank you to all volunteers that submitted entries into the 2013
Bling Your Bucket contest for Coastal Cleanup Day. I Love A Clean San
Diego greatly appreciates all participants that set a positive example
and reduced and reused at Coastal Cleanup Day! Winners for each grade
level are displayed below. Congratulations to our 2013 winners!
Age 2 Winner: Gabriel
Age 3 Winner: Michelangelo
Age 4: Kira
Age 5 Winner: Chloe
Age 6 Winner: Liam
Age 7 Winner: Ayla
Age 8 Winner: Emily
Age 9 Winner
Age 10 Winner: Philip
Age 11 Winner: Matthew and Megan
Age 12 Winner: Bella
Adult Winner: Jordan
For winners from the 2012 Bling Your Bucket contest, click here
To see the winning designs from 2011's Inaugural Bling Your Bucket contest, click here
Create Your Own Sand Sifter
In addition to decorating your own bucket, you can further emphasize REUSE by decorating your own milk jug to use at the cleanup. You can simply decorate and bring a milk jug, or create your own milk jug sand sifter to remove the smaller pieces of plastic and those pesky cigarette butts out of the sand at your cleanup site. Help us practice the 3 R’s, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse at this year’s Coastal Cleanup Day by following the milk jug sand sifter project below.
- Plastic milk gallon or water jug
- Duct tape
- One piece of window screen (most hardware stores have screen)
- Wash and dry plastic jug
- Cut off the top of the jug in an oval shape without cutting off the jug's handle. It is best to cut the jug on a stable surface to prevent any accidents.
- Place the 6x6 inch screen on top of the hole. Carefully tape the screen with duct tape to the jug, securing the screen as tightly as possible to the jug.
- Cut out the bottom of the jug and put tape around all the edges. (To cover all sharp edges)
- Clean the beach! You are now ready to filter small bits of plastic, cigarette butts and other kinds of plastic by scooping sand and sifting it through the wire screen. You can now find all the trash hidden in the sand!